Bordeaux is beautiful. I still feel surreal sometimes when I walk the city streets. I remind myself ceaselessly to tread slowly here, to walk and to stop, to walk and to look, to breathe, to stop. I spent the most of this week doing groceries, hunting down Chinese food (I know I know) and just strolling the city. So far I have seen the dusk catch the late noon metro when it crosses town square, I have witnessed the first peek of fall as the green start to fade, and I have caught Bordeaux in the cold chilly rainy mornings with everyone holding a baguette and cuppa. Life must be good, this must be it, when time stops and waits instead of simply slipping by. I will learn about the city cafes and old cathedrals soon, maybe someday after my morning classes. What a beautiful beautiful place to be in.
Wednesday, September 19
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment