Happy new year!
Saturday, January 14
Going into 2012 was surprisingly peaceful this year, although this time round I attempted to put in extra enthusiasm (last year I spent NYE on a budget airplane en route to Singapore from Hanoi, in 2009 I commemorated NY eating yoghurt and inhaling second hand smoke), plotted myself in the middle of thousands under fireworks and hopped from party to party, hoping for some sort of... festive termination to 2011. But January 1st couldn't be more ordinary than any other day in the calendar. It just felt normal. No stress, no pressure, no jitters. It might be due to the fact that I had taken time off school (technically I am going to school in June but then it'd be an exchange so it won't be school school), giving me a whole year out of Singapore campus (yes that's right suckassss). Ahhh, the things a disruption in routine can do to you! Graduation can wait. The degree can wait. My grades can wait. I am going away for 6 months. And everything. Else. Can. Wait. I am finally (almost) breaking the mould (don't have the guts to quit school yet)! 2012 is going to be quite a year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Change.will be.amazing.
ReplyDelete