Tuesday, December 27

Favorite part of the day

Now; holding a mug of earl grey and while waiting for the hot to cool hugging another mug of Ben & Jerry's - NY super fudge chunk bits waiting for the act of devour. 2 hours ago, trudging my feet down the driveway which leads to the house, where it is quiet and where fruit bats dart from tree to tree on special nights. Trudging because my feet hurt from a full day of contortion in a pair of impossibly small and arched pair of shoes. Also every day for twenty minutes at the peak of dusk, the skies' finest moments - when the pink meets the blue and melts into orange streams of pure light. 5 minutes before I sleep, after the Lord's Prayer, hair damp and eyes struggling - when I tug the sheets with my feet and feel the blanket rejecting expansion, so I know that I am good to go for the night. Outside with Mok, quietly holding his hand and walking around another new place, any new place - enjoying the peace while knowing that every destination is an adventure. Dinner with my dad in any authentic Chinese restaurant in the heartlands, so incredibly hungry and gulping down food, astonished at the ingenuity of another amazing food discovery. At the airport, leaving the country, taking in the scent of the departure halls and be on my way to a strange man's land. Tomorrow maybe..

No comments:

Post a Comment