Thursday, April 15

Redder

Summer...... is finally here. I have completed one whole year of university. I wish I could say with a zest of ta-dahness that this is it, this is all I will take, and that I am finally done with academia and I will now spend the rest of my life doing something else, anything other than school. But no, I will school again after 4 months. Alas

But its alright! Holidays are seasons God has granted out of kindness and benevolence (hallelujah) which eventually turned out to be one of the best consolations in life. Holidays just fall onto your laps you know, you dont have to fulfill a minimum grade requirement or do a good deed to earn it. That's why everyone loves it.
Alot of other things sometimes come the same way. Not saying that you should wait for a GPA of 4.3 to fall onto your lap. Yeah we work hard, but the time to reap the fruits of our labour dont always come immediately I guess. I may sound like a Hallmark card, but there is a season for everything. I just kinda need to wait long enough for them to arrive. I walk away so easily.

Everyone's growing up so fast! My sister is turning 18. My father is turning 50 (not exactly growing up but you get what I mean), and Mok is turning 21. In the midst of all these I think I was trying to be an adult too fast. I really thought that could have helped me cope better. As usual alot of things screw up before I realize the mistake.

This summer I wish for nothing else except for an adventure or 2, a goood book to read, contagious laughter, badass movies to watch and above all, rest. A recess without consequence.

Happy holidays everyone

2 comments: