"A black hole forms the end of the life of a super massive star, when it goes supernova."
Somehow 2009 has the semblances of one. 2010 will pay its dues. I peered into my resolutions for last year and realized that I have accomplished none, thus this year shall be different. I will make no resolutions too great for my prowess (ha) or attempt feats too mighty for my psychological capacity. This year I shall do the bare minimum, but I shall do them with my best. When strength returns, I will start going the extra mile again; make them smile again with surprise because I was available in times of invalidity. 2009 was fine, in so many ways finer than how one could have had it. Because things can always be better, because that’s how life is destined to be (a bitch, but at times also a bed of roses), I dealt with it fine, just fine. So here comes another new year, the start of a calendar excites me when I realize that I have so much so much time ahead before another end comes, and it also frightens me because I know this year will come by as fast as the last one went. What have you done this year? Inspired someone, told a lie, told many lies, helped someone download the new Muse album? I wanted to make a list, but that would be very unflattering. I miss all the other times when I thought I didn’t want 2009 to end. If somebody wanted to give me a perfect gift, those times would be it. 2010 will be suffocating, but in both the good and bad ways. Yup, I will do okay.
This is for someone:
1 Somewhere high
2 Somewhere bright
3 Anywhere with you
Happy New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment