Tuesday, September 15

Acknowledgement

"For however difficult it's going to be being daughter, cell leader, cell member, girlfriend or student. If any of the important people love you truly, you have no need to worry about how you divide your time. Because they'll see that there will be times for you to be one of these roles more than the others. There will be times when we are more of a particular social role than others because the time calls for it. For now, time calls on you to be a student. For now, your loved ones will gladly watch as you disappear into your books. Not once will they want you back. But not once will they stop missing you here. They love you, they only want the best for you. In spite of the desire to have you close by. You must learn to be a student now, but every so often when you close your books for the short breaks, you can be daughter, cell member, girlfriend again and nobody will frown upon that because everybody will be too happy to have you again. But for the next 4 years sweetheart, you will be a student above all things. And I will love you for that. Because I dont love you for being the girlfriend. I love you for being everybody that you are; the daughter, the cell member, the friend, the late comer, the sister, the sweetheart, the jo. Everyone of those people is you, and I love you regardless of which of those you have to be. And I'll smile just as much always. That's all I'm asking you to see. (...) "

I don't know how he did it. He summed up all my worries, frustrations, irritations into one screen of text message in 11 pages. It's painful to know when you cannot seem to cope with things that seemed so easy to you when you hadnt experienced it then. And it's another feeling altogether when someone else helps you see beyond what is hurting, and that he's in it with you too. Yes you'll always know what is wrong with me. Thank you.

4 comments:

  1. cool he summed up all of mine too. except for the girlfriend part cause that would be really weird and i dont do third parties and stuff.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't Mok wonderful that way(:

    You'll cope just fine Joanne Lo. You always do(:

    ReplyDelete