Thursday, November 29
With just about 1 month left in this idyllic state of
mind, I wish I had written more all this time while being abroad. I just
returned from San Sebastian, a haughty little coastal town north of Spain. The
place was pretty, but my fondest memory was in that car ride across the highway
to town with Ah Niu’s 對面的女孩看過來 blasting from the stereo. I truly
felt infinite at that moment, like how Charlie must have felt in the car with
Sam in Perks of Being a Wallflower.
This allusion ruins the novelty (a bit), but it is true. That moment was quite
infinite. Besides, most of my feelings were founded in the books I read way
before I even felt them (I’m at loss for words seventy percent of the time). Last
Tuesday I wrote and mailed a letter back to myself, because I thought it was crucial
for the future to remember the present me. Future
me. Sounds presumptuous, obnoxious even. Funny thing about snail mail, and
also the reason why I love it so much, is the impossibly simple yet tedious
journey that a non-living thing makes to reach the eyes of another person.
Thoughts and feelings handwritten on a postcard and frozen at that precise
moment of pen and paper; regards and wishes retarded, delayed, so that it would
be felt again by another 3 days later. Almost makes email and Facebook messages
seem reckless, rude, foul. 對面的女孩看過來 is translated to ‘Looky Here’ in English (yes of course I
googled it), did you know? This is a semi cheerful post, I like it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment