Friday, March 18

Dated

My sister is very much braver than I am, in a lot of ways. She gets violently angry when my mother talks about how the family will get to enjoy rabbit soup someday. She wears these huge plastic necklaces that shimmer in the sun and walks off nonchalantly when people stare. She sniffs bravely at night when I am half asleep. She has over 1000 friends on Facebook, half of which I believe she keeps in contact with. She chose to study what she was passionate about, even though she knew dissecting your passion meant killing it as well. She goes to IKEA to buy back weird lights so that our room looks like a secret lantern garden. She acts on things, she makes them happen. If she read this, she would probably shrug it off as normality.

1 comment:

  1. Younger siblings, use us as a vantage board by which they refract off. We are their courage, I like to think.

    ReplyDelete